Sew Content

I'm just sewing out my stress.

2011 Project Week 2 January 17, 2011

Yes, I am behind, but Week 3 will be out by this Friday.  For these next two blocks, time to go into my stash of tools that are very rarely used.  A couple of years ago I added the Tri-Recs tool to my arsenal.  Challenge of two different triangles that work together.  Last week my points were okay.  After making this block, I know I have lots of work to do to match up points. 

Fabrics cut and ready to go.

That was the easy part of the cutting.  These tools, not so easy to cut around. 

Tri-Recs tools

Triangles Cut and Ready

Took these pieces over to the machine and I thought it looked akward. 

First Attempt

I felt better about them after pressing. 

Not bad

Let’s put these pieces together and see what we get. 

Trimmed and Ready

Here is the completed and trimmed block. 

Week 2 Completely Finished

Luckily, I chose the same fabrics for the Recs triangle and outer squares.  Blends in very well together, can hide the terrible points. If it wasn’t for trimming, this block would not have matched up at all.  The completed block was a pleasant surprise.  I would like to try and make it in something else and see as a whole quilt.

Advertisements
 

Many More Potholders September 2, 2010

Filed under: Uncategorized — quiltytherapy @ 12:50 pm
Tags: , , , , , , ,

Last weekend I spent time getting over 30 sets of potholders sewed, cut, pressed and ready to be finalized.  Lots going on this week to keep me from finishing this and my other projects.  That craft show on October 16th is slowly creaping up on me.